Phonic Reading Lessons: Skills and Practice
Authors: Samuel and Winifred Kirk / Esther Minskoff, PhD / Nancy Mather, PhD / Rhia Roberts
Easy to use - no training required!
- direct, explicit phonics instruction using multisensory methods
- for students grade 2 and up who are struggling to decode
- 100 lessons, from VC and CVC words through polysyllabic words based on Latin and Greek roots
- appropriate for students with dyslexia or other learning disabilities, for English language learners, and for struggling or reluctant readers
- revised and expanded, based on a program with 80 years of success
- each 10-15 minute lesson involves modeling, instruction, and assessment
- program includes practice reading passages using only the phonics already taught, plus 100 gradually-introduced sight words
- assess and track progress in decoding and comprehension
- reproducible lessons allow use of more multisensory methods without consuming the product
Phonic Reading Lessons was extensively revised by Nancy Mather and Rhia Roberts, and published in 2006 by High Noon Books. The original in 1938 was a groundbreaking work by education pioneers Samuel and Winifred Kirk and Thorleif Hegge, later revised by the Kirks and Esther Minskoff.
Try these sample lessons - click on the image below and print them out!
Sample File - PDF