Kaufman Brief Intelligence Test - 2 (K-BIT-2)
Authors: Alan S. Kaufman, PhD / Nadeen L. Kaufman, EdD
- Verbal & Nonverbal Intelligence
- Ages 4 through 90
- Individual Administration
- Qualification Level B
The K-BIT-2 represents an update to this popular intelligence assessment. The new Crystallized (verbal) scale contains Verbal Knowledge (including receptive and expressive items) and Riddles. Fluid (nonverbal) intelligence is assessed using a Matrices subtest. The K-BIT-2 features new, attractive full-color test items and is co-normed with the K-TEA-II Brief Form (for ages 26-90). The K-BIT-2 may be used to identify gifted and at-risk students; it is also appropriate for use with adults in diverse settings. While it must be administered in English, correct responses in Spanish (provided) may be accepted.
- Obtain a quick estimate of intelligence
- Estimate an individuals verbal versus nonverbal intelligence
- Re-evaluate the intellectual status of a child or adult who previously received thorough cognitive assessment
- Screen to identify students who may benefit from enrichment or gifted programs
- Identify high-risk children through large-scale screening who require a more comprehensive evaluation
- Obtain a quick estimate of the intellectual ability of adults in institutional settings, such as prisons, group homes, rehabilitation clinics, or mental health centers
Administration and Scoring
The K-BIT-2 remains simple to administer and score, usually in about 20 minutes. The easal-back booklet contains the test items and responses. Test results for both Cystallized and Fluid intelligence are reported in standard scores (M = 100, SD = 15) and percentile ranks by age.