Structured Observations of Sensory Integration-Motor (SOSI-M)
Assess proprioceptive and vestibular processing, and motor planning
Authors: Erna Imperatore Blanche, PhD, OTR/L / Gustavo Reinoso, PhD, OTR/L / Dominique Blanche Kiefer, OTD, OTR/L
The SOSI-M is a new nationally standardized assessment of sensory-based motor skills, based in Ayres Clinical Observations, and developed by well-regarded experts in sensory integration.
The SOSI-M includes 14 sets of administered items that assess proprioceptive and vestibular processing, and motor skills.
- Romberg (firm and soft surface, eyes open and closed)
- Heel to Toe (firm and soft surface, eyes open and closed)
- Standing on One Foot (eyes open and closed)
- Modified Postural Schilder’s Arm Extension Test
- Series of Jumps (jumping jacks; symmetric and reciprocal stride jumps)
- High Kneeling (right and left weight shift and reach)
- Antigravity Extension
- Antigravity Flexion
- Ocular Movements (vertical and horizontal)
- Slow Ramp Movements
- Sequential Finger Touching
- Diadochokinesis (right, left, and bilateral)
- Projected Actions in Time and Space (ball in the air and ball against the wall)
NOTE: SOSI-M is currently in production with an anticipated publication date in Spring 2019.
Email Me Product Updates
Coming in 2019