Readability Level: 1st Grade Readability
Talisman Cards are a collection of two sets of 10 decks each of beautifully illustrated cards students can use to play a fast-paced game that gives them plenty of phonic skills practice. Starting at the CVC word level, the decks introduce consonant digraphs and alternative spellings for vowel sounds.
The Talisman Card game is similar to the card game Uno and can be played by 2-5 players. Each deck contains 56 cards, including game instructions. Cards are approximately 2-1/4 x 3-1/2.
Each of the 20 decks of cards corresponds to a phonic focus contained in the Phonic Books Series.
- Box 1: CVC, the focus in Magic Belt Series Book 1, Totem Series Book 1
- Box 2: CVC, CVCC, CCVC, CCVCC, the focus in Magic Belt Series Books 1,2,3,4,5 and Totem Series Books 1,2,3
- Box 3: ch, tch, sh, th, the focus in Magic Belt Series Books 6,7,8 and Totem Series Book 4
- Box 4: ck, ng, qu, wh, the focus in Magic Belt Series Books 9, 10, 11 and Totem Series Book 5
- Box 5: ay,ai,a,ae,ea, the focus in Totem Series Book 6 and Talisman Series Book 1
- Box 6: ee,e,ea,y,ee, the focus in Totem Series Book 7 and Talisman Series Book 2
- Box 7: oe,ow,oo,oe,oa, the focus in Totem Series Book 8 and Talisman Series Book 3
- Box 8: ugh,i,y,ie,ie, the focus in Totem Series Book 11 and Talisman 1 Series Book 7
- Box 9: oo,ew,ue,ue, the focus in Totem Series Book 12 and Talisman 1 Series Book 6
- Box 10: ae,ee,ie,oe,ue, the focus in Totem Series and Talisman 1 Series
- Box 11: er, ur, ir, or, ear
- Box 12: ow, ou, oi, oy
- Box 13: a, aw, au, al
- Box 14: air, are, ear, ere
- Box 15: ue, ew, u, u-e
- Box 16: s, ss, se, c, ce
- Box 17: l, ll, al, il, le
- Box 18: j, g, ge, dge
- Box 19: f, ff, gh, ph
- Box 20: ar, a, al, au
NOTE: It is not necessary to purchase any of the Phonic Books sets to use these cards.