Island Adventure Series
Readability Level: Phonics
Recommended Ages: 8-14
Jack and his little sister, Snub, are visiting Gran and Grandpa. Gran is a wildlife photographer and she takes Jack out to take pictures of the local animals on the remote island where she lives. An accident brings them closer together, but a subsequent calamity will be the start of an exciting quest, changing all their lives forever.
Starting with the sound ‘ae’, each of the 10 books introduces a phoneme and its alternative spellings.
This series shares the same phonic progression as the Rescue Series and Talisman 1 Series and can be used in parallel.
- Book 1 ‘ae’: ay, ai, a, a–e, ea, ey
- Book 2 ‘ee’: ee, ea, e, y, e–e, ie, ei
- Book 3 ‘oe’: ow, oa, o, oe, o–e
- Book 4 ‘er’: er, ir, ur, or, ear
- Book 5 ‘ow’: ow and ou; and ‘oi’, oy, oi
- Book 6 ‘oo’: oo, ue, u-e, ew, ou, u
- Book 7 ‘ie’: igh, ie, i–e, I, y
- Book 8 ‘aw’: a, aw, awe, au, ai, ough
- Book 9 ‘air’: air, are, ear, ere, eir
- Book 10 ‘ar’: ar, a, al, au, ear
Island Adventure Series Workbook
This spiral-bound photocopiable workbook includes 10 chapters that correspond to the 10 books in the reading series. Following the same phonic progression, it provides a variety of activities including word-building, blending, segmenting, comprehension, and vocabulary exercises based on the characters and adventures in the Island Adventure Series. 50 pages.