Criterion Test of Basic Skills-2 (CTOBS-2)
Author: James Evans, PhD / Kerth Lundell, PhD / William Brown, PhD
- Reading (sounds, words), Basic Math
- 6 through 11-11
- Individual Administration
- Criterion Referenced
- Administration Time: 15-20 minutes
- Qualification Level A
CTOBS-2 provides a quick and easy way to assess basic skills in reading and arithmetic.
- Reading skills assessed cover letter recognition, letter sounds, blending and sequencing, decoding of common spelling patterns and multisyllable words, and sight word recognition.
- Arithmetic skills include: counting, number concepts and numerical recognition, addition/subtraction, multiplication/division, measurement concepts, fractions, decimals and percents, geometric concepts, pre-algebra, and rounding and estimation.
Remedial activities are also provided.
Administration and Scoring
CTOBS-2 can be administered in 15-20 minutes by school psychologists, resource teachers, classroom teachers, and aides. Test items reflecting common school reading and math curricula are presented in order of difficulty. Reading and Arithmetic sections can be administered separately. Performance criteria (Frustration, Instructional, and Mastery levels) are obtained for each area and easily identify skills needing remediation.